NO MORE BRIDGES!!!

So we went to pick up our girls and we had a wonderful time. We went to seaside then We went through Cannon Beach and to my horror we then visited Astoria. I say to my horror because I am absolutely petrified of the big bridges in Portland. Well if you have been to or over the bridge in Astoria you understand my horror.This is a couple pics my dear hubby took of the bridge in Astoria the Astoria-Megler Bridge.....


And this is one I found on the internet of the same bridge....



When we got there to Portland I mentioned how I had forgotten that fear but it hadn't faded in the least. So a couple hours later Sean decided to take us sight seeing. We went across the highest bridge in Portland and turned around at the bottom and came back, the cries of it's so high as well as look at the water, and the swerving did much to make me feel like vomiting. It helped to know we would have to stop on the bridge if I did vomit. So then he decides to show Billy the submarine...from the TOP OF THE BRIDGE. Oh what a loving brother...not only that he's driving across the bridge hugging the side of it so Billy can see down...I can still hear the tires squealing along the cement structure keeping everyone on the bridge (note...I may be exaggerating a bit here). I was to say the least a little disturbed but I have found yelling or screaming even vomiting would have encouraged both my brother and my husband who can't imagine anyone is really afraid of heights because the view is just so gorgeous. Well that wasn't the end I believe I conquered three bridges in Portland, the Freemont, the Morrison, and I think it was the Sellwood, not real sure of the name, but the one in Astoria almost conquered me. It was the worst.
Billy and Sean were in the front..Sean was talking and I was ignoring paying more attention to my sisters and what they were saying. Then Billy shows me the GPS and it shows the road just running off into the water then more land on the other side. So dumb ole' me asks how do we get over...my husband replies there's just a little bridge across. It ends up being the largest bridge I have ever seen in my life. I begged Billy to let me shop while they crossed it but he didn't want to have any part of our vacation ruined by my absence...It was more horrible than I imagined...starting with the kids talking about it crumbling under us and going as far as Billy shouting out at one point man that's the biggest bridge I've ever seen. To also Sean saying I bet someone would have plenty of time to think twice if they commited suicide off that bridge and ending with Sean pretending to run out of gas on the very pinnacle of the bridge. And then someone said, I'm sure Barbara will go for gas..you bet your bippy I would but I wouldn't be bringing it back I would be paying some driver to take it too them just hoping he was honest enough to stop and help them... not really sure if I would care if he kept going depending on how mad I still was...
As for the bridges I think I can overcome this fear if I take some time and work at it...As a child I was scared to death of the tunnels and now I can go through the Eisenhower tunnel which I think is about 2 miles long without any trouble. It's just gonna take some work. I know I can do it...or at least work hard enough till my fear doesn't show. Facing my fear is what I need to do......I hope....So here's to annoying brothers and just as annoying husbands ha ha. Anyway I guess I am done whining for the day ha ha.
We really did have a great time though. I absolutely loved seaside and as it was my husbands first view of the Ocean he also was enamored... He was like a child running up to and away from the waves it was very enjoyable to watch..I also enjoyed walking the beach with my sister, and the kids. Although I got to the end almost and realized I had saddled Marisela with my 3 younger kids without any help. It made me feel kinda bad. We then went to another beach at Seaside but it was so windy it was terrible. But then we got ice cream and I had the best hot cocoa I have ever tasted..Ya we'll be going back there hopefully soon. ha ha..
Seriously though we aare hoping to be able to move out to Portland in approximately a month and a half. We really need prayers that we are doing what we are supposed to do, we really want to go somewhere, but we want to do only the Lords will. We are waiting for one more confirmation and then we are ready to go. So like I said please say a prayer for us that we will know where to go...

Here are some pics of our wonderful trip and some of the things we saw...
The Ocean at Seaside Oregon


Billy walking along admiring the view at seaside


An area along Cannon Beach

Multnomah Falls


My handsom boy Ezekiel

All the kids we could get out of the van ha ha

I have one more thing to mention...
I have started a new blog names Ask Barb. Just for the fun of it really. Anyway if your interested in that it's at http://askbarb.blogspot.com I would be ever so grateful if youd come check it out and Leave a comment...

4 comments:

Sis. Lori P. said...

You were so close to us! I would so love to meet you if you guys move out here. We just live 1 1/2 hour south of Portland. Glad you had a good time(bridges notwithstanding!)in beautiful Oregon. I'll check out your other blog. Take care!

Barbara Reed said...

Wow really so where do you guys live? I am not very familiar with Oregon but hopefully I will be really soon...

Sis. Lori P. said...

We live between Corvallis and Eugene. In a town called Junction City. We assemble at the Harrisburg church.

Barbara Reed said...

Wow so that's not that far away from where we want to move to...we are hoping to move to Portland but we will see.