Back in the saddle again hee hee

Well it has been a little while since I blogged...Everything has changed except the important things. I am still married to Billy and we still have 6 kids ha ha. We now live in Portland...Finally...So far I love it here. I really feel a part of the brethren, especially the sisters which is what I needed. I feel like my husband and I have hit a new curve that is only going to make us stronger, and we have really great kids on most days.
I have found new friends, and reconnected with friends making our relationshiops different and better in my opinion. I thought it would be pretty difficult to move and feel a part but from the first Sunday as we set down the brother across from us handed us two song books and on the front page it said Bro Billy and Sis Barbra Reed, it made me feel special for that moment. Then after that there was a bbq at my brother and sister in laws, and I was able to visit with the sisters. I knew most of them from a distance as a kid but it was so fun to see their different personalities and their friendship. It was nice to see that friendship, sometimes we forget we are not just the people who go to church together but that we are family. I think that's what impressed me the most is that feeling of family, like they were all extended family. I could almost see everyone together at holidays, it was great.
My husband hasn't been working a lot since we have been here, but god has deffinately provided. He was promised 60 hours a week, but when we got here there just wasn't enough work to keep him busy more than one day a week. We said a prayer and the next day a brother offered Billy a side job, it got us the amount we needed to pay our phone bill. Then Billy was having me check daily for gigs or day labor on craigs list, he found side work with a lady who has work for close to a month. I was so thankful. Anyway we are going to make it and we can see that light at the end of the tunnel.
My kids as well as my husband are so happy and it's so great to see. The fun loving side of Billy is back and I am thankful. We are praying with the kids almost every night again which is such an encouragement to me. My kids have friends their ages and that is wonderful for them. I also am starting to read a book I was recently entroduced to called "created to be his help meet" by Debi Pearl. I was excited just hearing about it then I read the first couple pages and was even more excited. Anyway we will see if I really like it but so far I am very excited.
I am happy here also which is great for me. I think being happy helps me to feel better mentally as well as physically. I feel rejuvinated, and I hope I can stay that way. Now to find a home of our own....that we can afford...

5 comments:

Sis. Lori P. said...

Glad to hear from you again... hey you are now only 1 1/2 hours away from our church. Come on down and visit our body here in Harrisburg! We would love to met your family and we have some dear sweet brethren that would certainly welcome you all too!

Barbara Reed said...

Well thank you Sis Lori That is very sweet of you...

meNmykids said...

Glad to have you closer, and so glad that you have been able to find a place that so quickly feels like home. What a blessing.

Anonymous said...

I am very glad that you are happy in your new location. I know that there are some very fine brethren there.

Can I dare to make a suggestion? It would be very helpful (and you might appreciate it in years to come), if you would add the DATE to your posts!!

Trina said...

I loved reading that post Barbara! Im so glad to hear how you feel about living here. It's been really great building a relationship with your family. I can't believe how long you have lived here since that last post. Time flies! I hope you keep up your blogging. I know that I have decided to go back to posting for my family.