Message from the other side..

So I don't believe in ghosts just so you know ha ha.
On Christmas day this year one of my closest friends Velvadene Bohall Called and asked me to stop by for a minute. I went through my day wondering what in the world could be wrong. Finally our christmas with the family was over and Billy and I drove to Vel"s. SHe handed me this card. Anyway, she explained that she found this card while cleaning the house and she just thought about me the whole time she read it. It was to her and signed by her mom, but she couldn't really remember a time her mom had given it to her. Anyway as she continued to clean she found another one that wasn't signed and felt like she should give it to me. I really felt comforted as I read it. That last year with Sister Betha I would run up there all the time sometimes to whine and a lot of times to just listen to her talk. Anyway I got a lot of comfort from her in that year, I hope I reciprocated at least a little. Anyway this is what the card said,
LIFE'S PATHWAY
At times, life's path
seems filled with things
that make the going rough,
And we wishthere were
a smoother road,
for we feel we've had enough
But, if we pause a moment
and remember Who's in charge,
The hills that loom ahead of us,
no longer seem so large,
And every rock before us,
when we know we're not alone,
Becomes, not just a stumbling block,
but one more stepping stone.

EMILY MATTHEWS

Then you open the inside up and it says,

You've overcome so many things,
and, everytime you've grown
Through Sheer determination
and the wisdom that you've shown.
So, as you face this journey.
from the moment you begin,
Know that God will guide you,
and you'll have the strength to win.

Anyway it really seemed like something Sister Betha would write or even say. It was a great comfort and I just saw the card sitting by my bed on the table and decided to blog about how touching it is every time I read it. I plan to have a great day cause Sean and Marisela are baaack ha ha. I'm hoping to spend some time with them today. I have really missed their girls and little boy to, he says some of the funniest things. Being a grandma, sometimes I forget how fun it is to be an aunt ha ha that sounds silly but it is how I feel ha ha.

3 comments:

meNmykids said...

How beautiful! She sure had a way with words, I love her poetry and songs. A lot of good solid strengthening memories from her. I'm so glad that she was a part of my life.

Anonymous said...

Me, too.
I think that Vel writes some also.

meNmykids said...

I used to, but now I don't anymore. When I was a girl I looked to Aunt Betha as a mentor int he whole writing thing.